Thanksgiving has never been simpler with this 5-ingredient recipe. Mayonnaise and fresh herbs are the secrets to this no-fuss holiday turkey.
- 1 (12- 14 lb) Nature's Promise® Fresh Young Turkey, thawed if frozen
- 2 (0.5 oz) pkgs Nature's Promise® Organic Roasting Blend (parsley, thyme, and rosemary)
- 1 cup Hellmann's ® Mayonnaise
- 1 head garlic
- 2 lemons, plus more for garnish (optional)
- Place oven rack in lower third of oven and preheat oven to 400°F. Remove the turkey neck and giblets from the body cavity of the turkey and pat turkey dry. On a rack set in a large roasting pan, place the turkey breast-side up.
- From the roasting blend, pick the thyme and rosemary leaves off the stems. Mince 3 cloves of garlic. To a food processor, add the mayonnaise, minced garlic, picked thyme leaves, and picked rosemary leaves. Zest both lemons into mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Pulse until smooth.
- Cut zested lemons in half. Stuff turkey cavity with remaining garlic and lemon halves. Tie legs together with butcher’s twine and tuck wing tips back. Starting at neck opening, gently loosen skin on turkey and evenly spread half of herb mayonnaise mixture under skin. Rub remaining herb mayonnaise over entire turkey. Generously season turkey with salt and pepper.
- Add 4 cups water to bottom of roasting pan. Roast turkey 30 min. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F and roast another 1¾–2½ hours, until thermometer inserted into thigh reads 165°F, loosely covering breast with foil after 1 hour and adding more water if pan seems dry. If turkey is browning too quickly, cover with foil. Let turkey rest 20–30 min. before carving. Garnish with parsley and lemon if desired.
If desired, room-temperature butter can be substituted for the mayonnaise.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- gluten free
- October November 2022
- take 5
- Five Ingredients
- Guiding Stars
- Nut Free
- 5 ingredient
- Wheat Free
- Celebration Moments
- Lactose Free