Skip right to decorating with store-bought oatmeal cookies, sugar cookies, or even ginger snaps. Use white frosting or extra mini marshmallows for Santa’s beard or the fluffy brim of his hat.
- ½ (16 oz) can creamy vanilla frosting, divided
- Red food coloring, as needed
- Piping bag fitted with star tip (optional)
- 8 bakery sugar cookies
- Mini marshmallows
- Mini candy-coated chocolate pieces
- Cinnamon candies
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment. To a small microwave-safe bowl, add half of the frosting. Add 2–3 drops red food coloring and stir until bright red. Microwave 30 sec., until frosting has liquefied. Stir until smooth, adding additional food coloring, one drop at a time, as needed. To a piping bag fitted with star tip or a resealable bag, add remaining half of white frosting.
- Working with one cookie at a time (so frosting doesn’t set), dip half of cookie in the red frosting. Place cookie on prepared baking sheet. Press 1 mini marshmallow to top of cookie for the tip of Santa’s hat. Repeat with remaining cookies. Refrigerate 10 min., until set.
- Once set, pipe dots of white frosting on the edge of Santa’s hat and on the bottom of the cookie to resemble a beard. Add a cinnamon candy on top of the beard for a nose; pipe dots of frosting and top with candy-coated chocolate pieces for the eyes. Repeat with remaining cookies. Refrigerate 10 min., until set. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- Cookie Party
- A Homemade Holiday Cookbook
- Celebration Moments
- December 2022