Canned fish is the surprise ingredient in this easy lunch or dinner recipe that can be served with a side of greens. Air frying keeps these crispy without any oil.
- 1 (14.7 oz) can salmon or 3 (5 oz) cans tuna, drained
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup whole-wheat panko bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup cornmeal
- ½ cup chopped red or green bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Cooking spray
- ⅓ cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Lemon wedges, to serve (optional)
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F. In a large bowl, combine the salmon or tuna, egg, mayonnaise, bread crumbs, cornmeal, bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until combined.
- Using ⅓-cup measure, shape mixture into patties. Cut a piece of parchment to fit into air fryer basket and coat with the cooking spray.
- In batches, place croquettes into prepared basket and lightly coat tops with cooking spray. Cook 6–8 min., until tops are golden. Flip croquettes and cook another 2–4 min., until golden brown. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the yogurt and cayenne pepper. Season with salt. Serve croquettes with yogurt dipping sauce and lemon wedges, if desired.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- air fryer
- Guiding Stars
- Meal Prep
- January 2023