Boost your morning with these loaded protein muffins. Black beans and protein pancake mix are sure to keep you fueled until lunchtime.
- Cooking spray
- 1 (15.5 oz) can no-salt-added black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups protein-added pancake & waffle mix
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup Tone It Up® Unsweetened Chocolate Protein Powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 18 muffin cups in two 12-cup muffin pans with the cooking spray or line with paper liners. In a food processor, blend the beans and oil 1–2 min., until smooth.
- To food processor, add the bananas, egg, applesauce, and vanilla. Blend 1–2 min. more, until smooth. In a large bowl, combine the pancake mix, baking powder, and cocoa powder. Add the bean mixture and stir until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips, if using.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin pan cups. Bake 25–30 min., until toothpick comes out with few moist crumbs. Allow muffins to cool in pan before removing.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- Guiding Stars
- Meal Planning
- Meal Prep
- January 2023