Warm up with this quick and savory recipe. Fresh ginger, lime, and cilantro are great additions to boost regular chicken noodle soup.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 (2 inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups no-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 cups chopped bok choy
- 1 (8 oz) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- ½ (8.8 oz) box thin rice noodles
- 1 (12 oz) pkg squash noodles
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Hot sauce, as needed (optional)
- Trim any excess fat from the chicken. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Season with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a medium pot on medium-high. Add chicken pieces and cook 2–3 min. Stir in the ginger and garlic. Cook 1 min., until fragrant, stirring constantly.
- To pot, add the broth, water, soy sauce, bok choy, and water chestnuts. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer 4–5 min., until chicken is cooked.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook the rice noodles 2–3 min. Add the squash noodles and cook 1 min. Drain and rinse.
- Divide rice and squash noodles among 4 bowls and ladle soup over them. Garnish with the green onions and cilantro. Squeeze lime juice into soup before serving and, if desired, finish with hot sauce.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Guiding Stars
- Egg Free
- Nut Free
- Meal Planning
- Meal Prep
- Lactose Free
- January 2023