Eat every color of roasted vegetables with this easy vegetarian lunch or dinner. Spiced chickpeas add protein to this plant-forward sheet pan recipe.
- 2 small red onions
- 1 (12 oz) pkg fresh halved Brussels sprouts
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 (16 oz) pkg sweet potato cubes or 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 (15.5 oz) can low-sodium chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp sodium-free za'atar, divided
- ½ cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 (8.8 oz) pkgs Nature's Promise® Precooked Ancient Grains & Rice
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet (or 2 small ones) with parchment. Halve the onions and remove skin and root. Cut each half into fourths. Trim the Brussels sprouts, if needed.
- To baking sheet, add the tomatoes, sweet potato cubes, onions, and Brussels sprouts in single layers. Drizzle with 2 tbsp oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss each vegetable to coat. Roast 20 min.
- In a small bowl, toss the chickpeas with 1 tsp za’atar and remaining 1 tbsp oil. Carefully remove baking sheet from oven. Toss vegetables slightly, then push them over to make space for chickpeas. Add chickpeas to baking sheet and roast 15–20 min., until all vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, remaining 1 tsp za’atar, and 2 tbsp water. Season with salt and pepper and stir until smooth. Microwave the ancient grains and rice according to package directions. Divide among 4 bowls. Top with roasted vegetables and serve with tahini-yogurt sauce.
This recipe is
- Plant Forward
- whole grain
- Guiding Stars
- Egg Free
- sheet pan
- Ancient Grains
- Meal Planning
- Meal Prep
- January 2023