Seaweed is the star of this recipe that uses the TikTok-viral folding technique. Filled with a creamy shrimp salad, this easy lunch or dinner is a fast no-cook option.
- 1 (15.9 oz) pkg Nature's Promise® Precooked Brown Rice
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise, divided
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 lb cooked peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 tbsp fat-free Greek yogurt
- 6 Blue Dragon ® Sushi Nori (full seaweed sheets)
- ½ English cucumber, thinly sliced
- Sriracha (optional)
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, and sliced
- Microwave the rice according to package directions. Pour rice into a bowl and stir in 2 tbsp mayonnaise, the rice vinegar, and the sesame seeds. Season with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, remove the tails from the shrimp. Chop shrimp into bite-size pieces and add to a medium bowl. To bowl with shrimp, add remaining 2 tbsp mayonnaise and the yogurt. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Cut 1 seaweed sheet halfway through to the center. Orient the seaweed so the cut is at the bottom. Starting in the lower right quadrant of the sheet next to the cut, add 3 tbsp brown rice mixture. Add cucumber slices above the rice. Next to the cucumbers, add ¼ cup shrimp salad. If desired, drizzle sriracha over shrimp salad. Below shrimp salad, add ¼ cup avocado slices.
- Starting from the bottom left corner with avocado, fold up above the top left over the shrimp. Fold again over to the top right over the cucumbers. Finally, fold it down to the bottom right on top of the rice. Repeat with remaining ingredients and serve immediately.
This recipe is
- Plant Forward
- Nut Free
- Fifteen Minutes
- Wheat Free
- gluten free
- Guiding Stars
- Meal Prep
- 15 minute
- January 2023