This easy vegetarian bowl is inspired by the Vietnamese classic sandwich, banh mi. Plant-based crumbles add protein, while fresh vegetables bring some crunch. Try this recipe for lunch or dinner.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (12 oz) pkg frozen plant-based crumbles
- 2 limes
- 1 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 tbsp hoisin sauce, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15.9 oz) pkg Nature's Promise® Precooked Brown Rice
- 1 cucumber
- 5 radishes
- ½ (10 oz) bag shredded carrots
- ½ tsp sugar
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro, to garnish (optional)
- In a 10-inch skillet, heat the oil on medium-high. Add the onion and cook 4–6 min., until softened. Add the plant-based crumbles and cook 5–7 min., until fully thawed, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, into a small bowl, squeeze the juice from 1 lime. Add the soy sauce, 1 tbsp hoisin sauce, and 2 tbsp water. Stir until combined.
- To skillet with crumble mixture, add the garlic and cook 1 min. Stir in soy sauce mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Microwave the rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, zest remaining lime into a medium bowl. Add warmed rice to bowl with zest. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Halve the cucumber and radishes lengthwise. Thinly slice into half-moons. In a medium bowl, combine cucumber and radishes with the carrots, sugar, and juice from half of remaining lime. Season with salt and toss to combine.
- Divide rice among 4 bowls. Top with seasoned crumbles and vegetables. Drizzle bowls with remaining 3 tbsp hoisin sauce. Garnish with the cilantro, if desired.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Plant Forward
- February March 2023
- 30 Minute
- whole grain
- Guiding Stars
- Egg Free
- Nut Free
- Meal Planning
- Meal Prep
- Lactose Free