Get all the classic flavors of a pizza with the added fiber and protein of creamy beans. This one-skillet recipe is the perfect quick weeknight dinner.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 (10 oz) container mirepoix (chopped carrots, onions, and celery)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 (15.5 oz) cans butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes with basil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 8 mini pepperoni or 12 pieces sliced pepperoni (optional)
- Sliced crusty bread, to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°F. In a 12-inch oven-safe deep skillet, heat the oil on medium. Add the mirepoix and cook 6–8 min., until softened, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook 30 sec.
- To pot, stir in the beans, crushed tomatoes, and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook 10 min.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella and Parmesan over skillet. If desired, scatter the pepperoni over the cheese. Bake 10 min., until cheese is melted. Serve with the bread, if desired.
This recipe is
- one pan
- Plant Forward
- February March 2023
- Guiding Stars
- Meal Prep
- Egg Free