When the weather is hot, serve up this cool refreshing watermelon salad. This vegetarian recipe is sure to be a crowd pleaser at barbecues or the Fourth of July. Watermelon, feta, mint and cucumber combine for a crisp, cool flavor that has a lot of depth.
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 cup sliced red onion, cut lengthwise
- 15 cups cubed watermelon or melon balls
- 3 cups cubed English cucumber
- 8 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint
- cracked black pepper, optional
- sea salt, optional
- In a small bowl, pour lime juice over the red onions. Allow to marinate while assembling the salad, approximately 5 minutes.
- Gently combine the watermelon, cucumber, feta cheese and mint in a large bowl. Lightly season with black pepper.
- Toss watermelon salad with marinated onions and season with sea salt just before serving.
This recipe is
- Calories 71kcal 4%
- Fat 3.4g 5%
- Saturated fat 2.3g 11%
- Carbs 8.4g 3%
- Sodium 181mg 8%
- 6.3g sugar
- 0.6g fiber
- 2.9g protein
- 13mg cholesterol