These individual fruit crumbles are delectable and brimming with berries, cinnamon and butter in their own foil wraps. This recipe is perfect for summer, when plums and blackberries are in peak season. Vanilla ice cream makes the perfect complement.
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice (about ½ large lemon)
- 4 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 cup blackberries, halved
- 4 plums, pitted and sliced
- ⅓ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, chilled, cubed
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and flour until smooth. Add the vanilla extract and brown sugar; toss blackberries and plums in mixture until fruit is coated.
- Pour fruit mixture onto 4 pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the dry ingredients for the topping. Add the butter, mixing by hand, until small crumbles form.
- Spread the mixture over the fruit* and cook for 20 minutes until the filling is bubbly and the top is golden.
- Remove packets from heat; let stand 5 minutes before opening.
*If preparing ahead of time, wait to top the fruit with the crumb mixture until you are ready to cook the packets.
- Calories 237kcal 12%
- Fat 7.4g 11%
- Saturated fat 3.9g 19%
- Carbs 40.2g 13%
- Sodium 4mg <1%
- 16.5g sugar
- 7.6g fiber
- 5.4g protein
- 15mg cholesterol