This is actually more cheesecake than pretzel, but it does use thin pretzel sticks as the foundation for its crust. Strawberries and cream cheese combine with the salty crust to bring this quick dessert together. Make it when you need a delicious dessert fast.
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 heaped cups sliced strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 8 oz Neufchatel cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup fat-free whipped topping
- 1 pkg ( 6 oz.) strawberry flavor gelatin
- 2 cups thin pretzel sticks
- 3 tbsp sugar
- ¾ cup butter, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Finely crush pretzels with a rolling pin or food processor.
- Combine crushed pretzels with sugar and butter. With a spatula, press pretzel mixture into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking pan to form a crust. Bake 6 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- Pour two cups boiling water over strawberry gelatin. Stir until melted and let cool to room temperature.
- Beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and whipped topping until combined. Spread evenly over cooled crust. Add strawberries to cooled gelatin and let thicken slightly. Spread over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares to serve.
- Calories 225kcal 11%
- Fat 8.6g 13%
- Saturated fat 4.9g 25%
- Carbs 34.6g 12%
- Sodium 317mg 13%
- 18.1g sugar
- 1.0g fiber
- 3.8g protein
- 22mg cholesterol