Treat everyone to a spectacular breakfast with this praline French toast casserole. Start the egg and bread mixture the night before and let it refrigerate for about eight hours to heighten the flavor and texture of the dish.
- 4 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 2 5 - oz cans evaporated milk
- 4 ½ tbsp packed brown sugar (1 ½ tsp + ¼ cup, civided)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 slices challah bread, cubed
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup toasted and chopped pecans
- In a medium bowl, beat together the egg whites, eggs, milk, 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar and vanilla.
- Coat an 8"x8" baking pan with nonstick spray, add bread cubes and pur the egg mixture on top.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3-8 hours. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a small saucepan, stir together remaining brown sugar, syrup and butter. Heat until butter is melted. Stir in the pecans.
- Top soaked bread cubes with nut mixture. Bake 30-35 minutes or until set and lightly browned.
- Let stand about 10 minutes before cutting.
This recipe is
- Calories 323kcal 16%
- Fat 12.0g 18%
- Saturated fat 4.5g 22%
- Carbs 42.8g 14%
- Sodium 238mg 10%
- 17.9g sugar
- 1.1g fiber
- 12.1g protein
- 87mg cholesterol