This comforting minestrone soup will remind you of your childhood with its bold, cozy flavors. A rich broth shares the stage with ground beef, kidney beans, pasta, vegetables and spices for a hearty soup that will warm your heart and your insides.
- ½ lb 90% lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp dried basil or oregano
- 1 can ( 28 oz ) diced tomatoes
- 4 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 bag ( 16 oz each) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can ( 15 oz ) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shell pasta
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- Brown beef in a large pot until only slightly pink. Add the onions, celery and garlic to the beef and sauté until onion is translucent and celery has softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the basil or oregano. Add diced tomatoes, beef broth, water and frozen vegetables to the pot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Add the kidney beans and pasta. Cook until the pasta is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add lemon juice. Ladle into bowls, and season with pepper to taste. Serve hot and enjoy!
- Calories 164kcal 8%
- Fat 2.7g 4%
- Saturated fat 0.9g 5%
- Carbs 26.1g 9%
- Sodium 378mg 16%
- 3.4g sugar
- 6.2g fiber
- 10.6g protein
- 12mg cholesterol