This innovative twist on a classic beef stir-fry is fabulous in the spring when asparagus is in season. Sweet hoisin sauce and rich, aromatic sesame oil create a flavor combo that's impossible to resist. Served with steamed brown or white rice, this is perfect for dinner any day of the week.
- 1 lb round or top sirloin steak, trimmed of fat
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp Simply Enjoy garlic-flavored olive oil
- 2 cups fresh asparagus, cut on a slant into 1-inch slices
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 cup dry rice
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Slice steak, across the grain and on a slant into 1/4-inch strips. Season steak with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large, heavy wok (or pan with high sides) over high heat. Add asparagus and stir-fry until just tender, about 3–3 ½ minutes.
- Add asparagus and stir-fry until just tender, about 3 to 3-1/2 minutes.
- Push asparagus up on wok and add steak to hot, flat bottom area of wok. Stir-fry until steak is no longer pink, about 2 more minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and quickly add hoisin sauce and sesame oil, stir-fry until steak and asparagus are glazed with sauce.
- Serve immediately over hot rice.
- Calories 437kcal 22%
- Fat 16.7g 24%
- Saturated fat 5.3g 27%
- Sugars 3.8g 4%
- Sodium 394mg 0 %
- 41.7g carbohydrate
- 1.7g fibre
- 26.2g protein
- 71mg cholesterol