Ginger, garlic and teriyaki sauce infuse this brisket with flavors, while sesame seeds add crunch and more Korean flair. Make it as spicy as you wish with red pepper flakes, and serve with steamed rice or noodles.
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 ½ lb beef brisket
- ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup teriyaki sauce with sesame seeds, garlic and onion
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup water
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Season brisket with pepper to taste; add to skillet. Cook 3 minutes per side or until well-browned. Transfer to a 4-quart slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine teriyaki sauce, tomato paste, ginger, garlic powder, water and (if desired) red pepper flakes. Pour over brisket in slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 6–8 hours or until meat is fork-tender. Transfer to a platter.
- Slice brisket against the grain into thin slices. Sprinkle with green onion (if desired), and serve with cooking liquid.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with cooked noodles and steamed snap peas.
- Calories 385kcal 19%
- Fat 28.2g 43%
- Saturated fat 9.8g 49%
- Carbs 9.6g 3%
- Sodium 738mg 31%
- 8.8g sugar
- 0.3g fiber
- 21.5g protein
- 80mg cholesterol