- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. fresh Swiss chard, trimmed, washed, and cut into 1-inch crosswise pieces
- 3 cups cubed eggplant
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 16 oz. sliced white or baby bella mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 box ( 13.2 oz.) whole grain penne pasta
- ½ cup diced part-skim mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and sauté the Swiss chard for 2 minutes. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet, heat, and sauté the eggplant and garlic for 2–3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and sauté until well browned, 7–9 minutes. Add the sautéed Swiss chard and cook for 1 more minute.
- While the vegetables are being sautéed, cook the pasta according to the package directions, then drain water.
- Toss the hot pasta immediately with the mozzarella and Gorgonzola, and add in the sautéed vegetables and season with pepper .
- Swiss Chard
- Calories 297kcal 15%
- Fat 8.0g 12%
- Saturated fat 2.7g 13%
- Carbs 47.2g 16%
- Sodium 211mg 9%
- 3.0g sugar
- 6.7g fiber
- 14.4g protein
- 10mg cholesterol