The trick to this refreshing salad is letting others do the work: Buy precooked shrimp and precut mango. The rice noodles cook in a snap.
- 9 oz. rice noodles
- 1 red chile pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 ( 4 oz.) bag watercress
- ½ lb. cooked and peeled shrimp
- ½ cup low fat sesame-ginger dressing
- mint leaves to garnish
- Cook the rice noodles, following the preparation instructions on the packaging.
- Cut and remove the stem of the chile pepper, roll the pepper between your hands so that the seeds drop out. Thinly slice the pepper at an angle, into rings.
- Peel the mango, cut the flesh from the stone and thinly slice. Remove the seeds and membrane from the red bell pepper and dice the flesh.
- Roughly chop the watercress. Place the rice noodles and watercress into 4 bowls, followed by the chili pepper, mango, bell pepper and shrimp.
- Sprinkle with the dressing and garnish with the mint leaves.
For extra crunch, add a few roasted peanuts.
- Calories 402kcal 20%
- Fat 8.8g 14%
- Saturated fat 1.6g 8%
- Carbs 67.9g 23%
- Sodium 689mg 29%
- 12.0g sugar
- 2.3g fiber
- 11.1g protein
- 72mg cholesterol