Chicken noodle soup is the ultimate comfort food. This Thai classic, featuring ginger, coconut milk and lime, is a quick and delicious twist on the classic.
- 1 (8.8 oz) package rice noodles
- 12 oz skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1 ½ piece inch fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 ½ (16 oz) bags frozen stir fry Asian vegetables
- 3 ½ cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 (13.5 oz) can coconut milk
- 2 limes
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Prepare the noodles according to package directions.
- Cut the chicken into pieces. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and sauté the chicken 2 min.
- Peel the ginger and chop finely. Add the ginger and stir-fry 2 min. Combine the vegetable mix and stir-fry about 2 min.
- Add the chicken stock and coconut milk and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 min.
- Add the noodles. Juice 1 lime. Add the lime juice, fish sauce, and salt (in moderation).
- Chop the cilantro and cut 1 lime into quarters. Divide the soup among 4 bowls.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
- Calories 737kcal 37%
- Fat 32.0g 49%
- Saturated fat 19.8g 99%
- Carbs 84.1g 28%
- Sodium 1725mg 72%
- 1.5g sugar
- 8.8g fiber
- 34.4g protein
- 62mg cholesterol