- 8 ounces uncooked whole-wheat pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups canned no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lb whole fresh mussels
- 1 lb whole fresh clams
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves (or 1 tablespoon dried parsley)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt. Drain and keep warm.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic for 2–3 minutes. Add pepper flakes, tomato and oregano. Cook for 2–3 minutes.
- Add mussels, clams and wine. Cover and simmer for 2 minutes, until mussels and clams start to open.
- Add broth, parsley and lemon juice. Cover and continue to simmer for 2–3 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve mussels with sauce over pasta. Discard any clams or mussels that do not open.
- Savory Happy Holidays 2015
- Calories 346kcal 17%
- Fat 7.8g 12%
- Saturated fat 1.2g 6%
- Carbs 40.4g 13%
- Sodium 691mg 29%
- 3.1g sugar
- 4.5g fiber
- 27.0g protein
- 44mg cholesterol