Sautéed mushrooms, onions and bell peppers top juicy beef, which is served in sturdy dinner rolls making them easy to eat. These are a treat for both kids and adults.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced onion
- ½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 lb sirloin steak, frozen for about an hour for easy cutting
- ¼ tsp salt
- ground black pepper
- 2 slices provolone cheese, cut into 8 pieces
- 8 butter dinner rolls or slider rolls
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onions until softened and starting to brown, about 6 min. Add peppers and mushrooms and cook until vegetable mixture is
tender, about another 6-8 min. more. Transfer
mixture to a bowl.
- Meanwhile, slice steak very thinly and season with salt (in moderation) and pepper. Heat remaining oil in skillet and cook steak slices until browned and cooked through, about 4–5 min.
- Top each dinner roll with meat, a piece of cheese and some of the vegetable mixture. Serve while warm.
- savory clean living 2016
- Calories 305kcal 15%
- Fat 14.6g 22%
- Saturated fat 5.6g 28%
- Carbs 25.9g 9%
- Sodium 375mg 16%
- 5.9g sugar
- 1.8g fiber
- 18.9g protein
- 47mg cholesterol