The hardest part of this recipe? Waiting until the gingerbread cookies are cooled!
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 3 tbsp gingerbread spices
- 1 pinch salt
- 7 oz dark corn syrup
- 7 tbsp cold butter
- 7 oz dark chocolate (72%)
- Sift the flour into a bowl. Mix in the spices and salt
- Add the syrup and cubed butter and knead until a cohesive dough forms. Cover with plasticwrap and chill 30 min in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Cut the dough into 4 equal pieces and shape into 4 rolls of ½ inch thick. Cut the rolls into ½ inch pieces and roll each piece into a ball.
- Put the balls on a lined baking sheet, pressing lightly and bake for about 12 min. Cool completely.
- Cut the chocolate into pieces and place in a pot or heatproof bowl.
- Hang the bowl in a larger pot of boiling water and let the chocolate melt (bain-marie).
- Place the gingerbread cookies on a fork, dip them into the chocolate and place on parchment paper until the chocolate cools and hardens.