Leftover cake, cream and fruit are transformed into scrumptious desserts
- 4 ripe peaches
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 cups cubed angel food cake
- 2 cups whipped cream
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Pit and dice the peaches. In a large bowl, toss with the sugar.
- Divide half of cake cubes, whipped cream, and peaches among six 8-oz canning jars or small bowls. Repeat layering with remaining cake, whipped cream, and peaches.
- Chill 1 hour before serving. Top with the almonds.
- May June 2016
- July 2018