Looking for a quick way to spice up the weeknight? This no-frills recipe makes a Spanish-style meal for 4, and smoked paprika adds just the right amount of kick.
- 1 ½ pounds skinless, boneless chicken thigh, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup rice
- 1 (16 oz) jar fresh salsa
- 1 ¼ cup fat-free low sodium chicken broth
- Cut chicken into 1-inch chunks. Toss the chicken with the smoked paprika. Heat a pan with the olive oil over medium-high heat and brown the chicken on all sides.
- Add the rice to the pan with the chicken and mix well. Cook for an additional 1 min. to toast the rice. Add the salsa and broth, and stir. Bring to a simmer, then cover with a lid and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 min. or until liquid is absorbed.
- 5 ingredient
- Five Ingredients
- take 5
- January 2017