This high-heat recipe delivers a classic sloppy joe sandwich in just 15 minutes.
- 1 tbsp safflower oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 cup diced ground beef
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Warm the oil in a skillet and add the onion. Cook on high heat for 2 min. Add the garlic, bell pepper, and ground beef. Cook for 5 min. or until no pinkness remains. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the Worcestershire and tomato sauce. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, for about 4 min., or until tomato sauce reduces.
- While meat is simmering, toast buns. Divide the sloppy joe mixture between the bottom half of the buns. Add the tops and serve immediately.
- Fifteen Minutes
- September 2016
- 15 Minutes