With chunks of sausage, vegetables, and croutons, this soup is hearty enough for a meal.
- 1 eggplant
- 2 zucchini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 (14 oz) Kielbasa sausage
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (0.75 oz) pkg basil
- 1 cup Italian Seasoned croutons
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Dice the eggplant and zucchini and arrange on a baking sheet. Toss with the olive oil. Roast 5 min. Meanwhile, slice the sausage into 1-inch pieces, cutting at a slight diagonal. Add to vegetables and continue roasting until vegetables are soft and sausage starts to brown, 10 min.
- In a saucepan, bring tomatoes, 3 cups water, roasted vegetables and sausage to a boil. Simmer for 10 min., stirring occasionally.
- Season soup with salt (in moderation) and pepper. Thinly slice the basil and add half to the soup. Divide soup among 4 bowls and sprinkle with remaining basil and croutons.
Take any leftovers to work for a quick and nourishing lunch.
- Calories 532kcal 27%
- Fat 36.2g 56%
- Saturated fat 10.5g 52%
- Carbs 35.6g 12%
- Sodium 1670mg 70%
- 17.2g sugar
- 8.6g fiber
- 19.0g protein
- 54mg cholesterol