Rich, fudgy devil's cake mix pairs perfectly with spicy cayenne and cinnamon in this easy to make cookie.
- 1 (15.2 oz) box devil's food cake mix
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar (for rolling)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, stir cake mix, cinnamon, and cayenne together. Add the oil, eggs, and vanilla and stir until a dough forms.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. (If dough is too sticky to handle, refrigerate for 30 min.) Pour the confectioners sugar into a large, shallow dish, and roll the dough-balls in the sugar to coat. Arrange finished dough-balls on an ungreased cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 12 min. Let cool on sheet 1 min., then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely before serving.
- December 2016
- Cookies Around the World Cookbook