Got 30 minutes? Make these gluten-free, light-as-air coconut macaroons dusted with powdered sugar for the perfect addition to your holiday cookie tray!
- 2 egg whites
- 1/8 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups shredded, sweetened coconut
- 2 tbsp confectioners' sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. In a bowl, beat the egg whites and salt with an electric mixer for about 1 min., or until frothy. With the mixer on low, add the baking powder and gradually add the sugar.
- Continue to mix until glossy, firm peaks appear. Gently fold the grated coconut into the egg mixture. Using a tablespoon, spoon the batter into rounded balls onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, spaced an inch or two apart. Bake for 15 min., or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Let the cookies cool. When ready to serve, dust with confectioners sugar.
- December 2016