In this wholesome take on pizza, we substitute flour crust for flatbread and mozzarella for ricotta, while veggies graduate from mere topping to main event.
- 1 (16 oz) pkg frozen butternut squash , thawed
- 1 (12 oz) pkg shredded Brussels sprouts
- ½ cup olive oil
- 6 slices flatbread or pita
- 1 ⅓ cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp balsamic glaze
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Toss squash and Brussels sprouts with 2 tbsp of oil, salt (in moderation), and pepper. Roast for 15 min., turning once.
- Set roast veggies aside. Brush remaining oil on each flatbread, sprinkle with salt (in moderation), and pepper.
- Divide and spread ricotta on each pizza, evenly distribute butternut squash and Brussels sprouts, and cook for 5 min. Remove from oven, then garnish with Parmesan cheese and a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
- January 2017