30-minute meal! It's all satisfying flavor and no fuss when you pair mouthwatering Italian chicken sausages with a garlicky white bean mash.
- 4 shallots
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 4 Italian chicken sausages
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 small head napa cabbage
- 2 (15 oz) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Halve the shallots and cut lengthwise into strips. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a skillet and cook the sausages on medium-low heat, for 15 min., or until cooked through and golden brown. Rotate occasionally. Remove sausages from pan and keep warm under aluminum foil.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp oil in a skillet over low heat and sauté the shallots, fennel seeds, and half the garlic for 5 min. Slice cabbage into thin strips. Add to the pan and cook for 5 min. on medium heat, stirring regularly until cabbage has wilted.
- Meanwhile, put the beans, the remaining garlic, and 2 ¼ cups water in a pot. Heat the bean mixture over medium-high heat for 8 min. Drain in a colander, reserving the cooking liquid. Set beans back into the pot with remaining oil and 2 tbsp cooking liquid. Mash until smooth. If mixture is too thick, add more cooking liquid to thin. Season with salt (in moderation) and pepper. Serve with sautéed cabbage and sausage.
- January 2017